If we exclude the HR,Finance and Project objects from the picture, remaining technology object composing a "system" that provides a stream of services and products as its output. This view allows us to draw an architecture diagram which we can use to identify our weaknesses, overlaps and potentials.
Having this kind of an architecture diagram would give us number of advantages, Like few listed here.
- Make the platform scalable
- Reduce cost by avoiding duplicates
- Creates a solid foundation for new projects
- Helps to identify new areas for potential cost savings
- Helps to manage complexities
- Helps in risk management
- Makes prioritization easy
- Helps to identify potentials
Drawing this kind of a diagram wont take that much of cost. For an average IT organization, Under a proper plan, this can be done withing 1 month.
Related readings :